[Datastream #VEN-510781]: Download archived Meteosat?

Hi Charlie,

re:
> I am getting good results with McIDAS-V exporting Meteosat data in netCDF
> format. But I
> can't get it to include latitude and longitude arrays. Its only giving me xy
> image
> coordinates. I need to georeference this data and I'm not seeing anything in
> the
> variables or attributes that would allow me to do that.

Well, the netCDF file created does contain a navigation block, but its use
depends on the processing/display package understanding the navigation
model being used and how the navigation block parameters are used in
that model.

re:
> Any suggestions?

I think I know what you want to do, but I do not know how to make this
work in either McIDAS-V or IDV.  I do know how to make this work in
the package that I support, McIDAS-X.  McIDAS-X allows one to specify
the location (fully qualified server name) of the ADDE server that
is to be interrogated; create an output dataset of type netCDF; copy
any all of an image from the server to a local dataset; and specify
that there be LatLon navigation in the local dataset member created
by the copy.  It could be the case (I'll have to check) that one could
write a Jython script in McIDAS-V or the IDV that could do the exact
same sort of thing that I know is easily doable in McIDAS-X.  In fact,
there may already be some information on how to code up such a Jython
script in the McIDAS-V tutorials or McIDAS-V forums hosted by UW/SSEC:

http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/mcidas/software/v/

I would check the forums to see if someone has already done what you
want:

http://mcidas.ssec.wisc.edu/forums/

If you don't find what you need, it would be a good idea to post your
question to the forums in case that someone has already figured out
what to do, but has not yet posted their approach to the forums.

Ticket ID: VEN-510781
Department: Support Datastream