[Datastream #EQR-357100]: Forward of moderated message

Hi Dave,

re:
> Thanks for the info. I never had a problem with this delay in the past, but
> for some
> reason our forecasters started complaining.  Thanks for backing me up!

No worries.

re:
> As for obtaining the upcoming GOES-16 data,  running scripts via cron jobs
> sounds like
> the best way as you stated.

Yup.

re:
> I know McIDAS and IDV provide ADDE access, but  do either
> allow scripts to be automatically run OUTSIDE the gui?

Yes, absolutely!

re:
> What would be the best way to
> approach automating getting data from an ADDE server?

I would do the same sort of thing that is being done to generate the
products for the UNIWISC IDD feed: create a script that runs McIDAS-X
(McIDAS-X is particularly easy to script; the IDV is a lot harder to
script) commands from cron.  The result of these scripts would be
an image in a McIDAS AREA file.  If you are interested in creating
images in netCDF 4 files, then you would want to script access to the
TDS instance that will eventually be running on our GOES-16 data
distribution machine.

Ticket ID: EQR-357100
Department: Support Datastream