[Datastream #PPX-229889]: goes-west server is down

Hi Joao,

I talked to our lead IDV developer yesterday about the possibility that
there is some sort of a deficiency in the Java code that you are using
to access the ADDE servers on goeseast and goeswest, and he commented
that there didn't appear to be anything in the VisAD code that would
cause the problem.  The discussion did, however, result in some questions:

- what version of Java are you using to make the queries?

- can you send us the exact command line you are using for the queries?

- can you send us some details about the OS on the machine you are
  running the queries from?

Again, my skepticism for their being a problem on the server side is
the fact that during the same period when you were unable to get
images from the ADDE server running on goeswest, we were accessing
the server using McIDAS-X multiple times per hour, 7 days a week, and
we did not experience the same problem.

Ticket ID: PPX-229889
Department: Support Datastream