Re: 19990127: grib to netcdf

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Melissa Richey wrote:

> Hi Robb-
>
> I have modified gribtonc to sort of degrib the variable water vapor
> mixing ratio. I modified params.c and params.h by sticking in the
> code 185 and associating it with the variable wvmixr.
Missy,

That's what I started to do before I found out about the conflict of 185.
The only suggestion I have is to use the brute force method, that is get a
raw grib file including param 185 and use a debugger on gribtonc. My
feeling gribtonc is trying to process 185 according to the NWS manner
instead of the FSL manner.  I'm not the originator of gribtonc and I have
not added/changed params before, so I would have to research this. I'll
look at the code today to see if there is something else. Also, as a guide
line I would look at how the other hybrid ruc2 variables are processed.
Have you changed the cdl wvmixr variable to match your modified gribtonc?

Just some thoughts,
Robb...