Re: Decoder help

On 9 Mar 1999, Jason Burks wrote:

>      Robb,
>      I have been using the gribtonc decoder to decode NOGAPS model output
>      and view the data on AWIPS, the deocder works great! I recently tried
>      to add some fields from the NOGAPS, but the decoder says that they are
>      oversized GRIb product. The grid size has not changed still 360x181,
>      but I noticed that the file sizes go from 81 Kb to 187 Kb. When I try
>      to run the gribdump on these larger files nothing happens. I used
>      wgrib on these files and only thing I can find is that the number of
>      bits for the larger files is 20 instead of 10 on the smaller. So my
>      question is there something I need to change to make it work. What are
>      your thoughts?
>      Thanks in advance.
>      Jason Burks

Jason,

We just ran into this problem recently, I plan to make a decoders release
soon.  The actual problem is that the grid sizes have increase and
gribtonc doesn't have enough space to hold the increased size. It's an
easy fix;

It's only a one word modification in grib1.h, change:

#define MAX_GRIB_SIZE 20000

#define MAX_GRIB_SIZE 100000

That's all, then:

% make clean