Re: re GTS decoder

>To: address@hidden
>From: Johnny Lin <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20000725:  GTS decoder

John,

> pls advise what data format that the decoder used in UCAR usually decode
> into from
> raw WMO GTS daily data feed .

The input to the decoders is not the raw WMO GTS feed, but rather the
feeds broadcast by the US National Weather Service, referred to as the
Family of Services

  http://www.nws.noaa.gov/oso/fospage.shtml

and the NOAAPORT broadcast data

The IDS (International Data Stream) that is part of the Family of
Services is closest to the GTS, though I think it doesn't include
everything that's on the GTS.

> and if the decoder software is available for download or purchase.

The decoders are freely available, in source form, from

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/decoders/index.html

--Russ