Re: 20020410: gribtonc CDLs for AVN and could CDL for LAPS work

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Tiziana Cherubini wrote:

> Hi Robb,
>
> thank you very much for the CDL. It seems to work and I can
> then use the NCO tool to convert the netcdf files so obtained
> in the  "LAPS" netcdf format.
>
> By the way, checking through the list of variables written by gribtonc
> I found out that the fields corresponding to grib codes: 245 (highest
> troposferic freezing level), 246 (highest tropospherci freezing
> level...) and 268 to 278 (fields relative to high,middle,low clouds)
> are not translated into the netcdf file even though these variables
> are in the CDL.

Tiziana,

Thanks for looking at the cdl, I'll check into the variable problems.
Looking at the latest documentation, it doesn't list these codes. ie
http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/docs/on388/table3.html

Could you get the detail info on them.  ALso, I have a workshop coming up
soon so the time to work on this is very limited.

I just inserted the var names in the cdl as working copy, could you
possibly put them in a better order.

Thanks,
Robb...