Re: gribtonc: cdl for CMC data

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, Rorik Peterson wrote:

>       I couldn't find a cdl for the Canadian Meterological Service data,
> so I wrote my own.  However, some data products in the CMC stream are at
> ETA levels.  When I added a new dimension to my cdl file for the eta
> level, gribtonc simply "ate" that product (using verbose mode, that
> product disappeared without being written or signaling an error).  After
> going through gribtonc with a debugger, I found that many of the levels
> defined in levels.h are not included in the 'switch' statement in nc.c's
> getlev() function.

Rorik,

I haven't encounter that problem before using gribtonc, doesn't mean that
it not a problem.  It could be a cdl file problem or it could be a bug in
gribtonc. If you could provide me with the cdl file and some raw data or a
pointer to a data location I'll look into it.  At this time, I'll take a
look at your findings too.

Robb...

This causes nc_write() to return -1 to gribtonc before