Re: GRIB to netCDF (fwd)

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Russ Rew wrote:

> Robb,
>
> Do we have any examples of ECMWF seasonal forecast GRIB files that
> would help with this?  If not, do you think if I asked for access to
> some of these, we could create the necessary CDL, or are there
> conflicts between NCEP and ECMWF parameter tables that would make this
> difficult?

Russ,

No examples of ECMWF seasonal forecast GRIB files available.

Currently I'm working on ecmwf model, that's the errors in the ldmd.log
file we were talking about yesterday. It appears that the GDS parameters
for some of the products are confusing gribtonc on where to place the
data.  I wonder if the fix for this problem will solve the ensemble
seasonal forecasts problem. Also this is stitched grid and gribtocdl will
"not" get the some of the parameters correct because it will only get the
parameters for the subset of data. This is not hard to correct but it
 has to be done by hand.

The second part:

NCEP GRIB parameter tables  are different with ECMWF tables.  I will have
to work out a solution with the auxiliary tables and the gribtocdl
utility and gribtonc with a example data file  that you have requested.

At this point I don't know how much work is involved, but I'm working on
it.

Robb....