Re: metar decoder

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:

> Robb,
>
> I've been starting a quick-n-dirty script to parse METAR from Texas
> Tech's West Tx Mesonet, for the "greater" Texas Mesonet.  I stumbled
> across a reference suggesting you have an extant perl script.  If so,
> could I snag a copy somewhere?
>
> I've got a timestamped file I'm ingesting via LDM and I'd like to flog
> the data thru it, and hack the script to write to PostGres immediately.
>
> What do you think?

Jerry,

You could take the metar2nc ( METAR converter to NetCDF ) decoder and
write out your  PostGres format.  YOu would have to hack the NetCDF calls
out of the decoder.

The decoders page is locate at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/decoders

Should give you all the info you need. You need to download the complete
package to get metar2nc.

Robb...