RE: New decoders release

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, HOETH, BRIAN R. (JSC-ZS) (LM) wrote:

> Robb,
>
> OK, I grabbed the binary distributions of udunits and netcdf and was able to
> get the source distribution of netcdf-perl to seemingly install without
> problems.  I've grabbed the
> decoders-2.4.4.tar.Z file and the decoders_patches.tar file.  I unzipped and
> untarred decoders-2.4.4.tar.Z and tried to run:
>
> (./configure & make install install clean) >&! log
>
> No joy!  No what?  I've attached my log file, my CUSTOMIZE file, the results
> of "uname -a" (uname.out).  For kicks, I attached the results of "perl -V"
> too (perl.out).  Are there any "known" settings for the CUSTOMIZE file for
> my linux OS?

Brian,

I think the problem is your compiler flag -traditional. Here's what to do:

% make distclean   in src dir of decoders-2.4.4
% setenv CC gcc
% (./configure & make all test install clean) >&! log &    Note changes
% tail -f log

Let me know how this works out.

Robb...

ps log info stuff really helps out in debugging problems