Re: grib and ecmwf

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, a.emre tekeli wrote:

> Dear Sirs,
>
> I have to convert a bunch of grib data of ecmwf data and export it
> into arcview automatically.
>
> Do you know if there exists such as a program. Since I am not computer
> engineer based, it may be hard for you to explain it to me...

Ahmet Emre,

Currently I don't know of any program that converts grib into arcview
format.  That's not to say that there isn't a converter out on the net.
Maybe someone on the list knows of such a program.  There are processes to
create geoTIFF files that can be read by arcview but they require the grib
files to  be converted to a gif, jpg, etc.  Then converted to TIFF format
and then finally converted to geoTIFF by adding the georeferencing
information.  This requires the installation of GEMPAK and the geoTIFF
routines, plus some scripts to automate the process.

Robb...