Re: 20031003: gribtocdl not writing data

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Lori,

I think you have a slight misunderstanding, gribtocdl just creates cdl
files with only data of the projection/lat/lon/etc.  To actually create a
netCDF file one has to use gribtonc with the cdl created by gribtocdl. ie

% gribtonc -l - your.cdl your.nc < your.gribdata

This will create a your.nc netCDF file. gribtonc also needs the ncgen
utility to create the template your.nc from the your.cdl. ncgen is
included in the netCDF package.  I wasn't quite sure of your question, let
me know if I misinterpreted it.

Robb...