Re: 20041207: Unidata decoder question

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Dazhong Yin wrote:

> Robb,
>
> Thanks for the reply! I commented out those lines and ran syn2nc again.
> It only generated the netcdf header and gave the following message:
>     Opening ./2003120600_syn.nc with ncid 3
>     Minute '60' out of range 0..59 at /bl3/yin/bin/syn2nc line 982
> Another run I got Monthe '-1" our of range. There is no real data record
> in the output netcdf file.  Please let me what could be the problem.
>
> I don't have much knowledge of  perl. I was wondering why the decoders
> worked before for me, but it was not at this machine. I used them to
> decode the historical data( for July 1999, this time data is for Dec,
> 2003)  too.

dazhong,

there must be something else going on in the decoder, maybe a old decoder
release will work better for you. how about reverting back to a release
before the real time checks where coded, say release decoders-3.0.1.tar.Z
it is in the ftp directory

at this point this is probably the quickest resolution.

robb...