Re: Conversion to netCDF problem again

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Latimer, S wrote:

> Robb,
>
>    I am having problems again trying to convert to netCDF from GRIB.  I have
> tried all the steps you listed such as setting the paths as the following:
>  [root@ba141 data]#
> UNDUNITS_PATH=/usr/local/udunits-1.11.7/etc/uduits.dat;export UNDUNITS_PATH
>  [root@ba141 data]#
> PATH=/usr/local/netcdf-3.6.0/bin:usr/local/decoders-3.0.7/bin:$PATH;export
> PATH
>   I even thought one of the above paths was misspelled and tried to do the
> following:
>
> [root@ba141 data]#
> UDUNITS_PATH=/usr/local/udunits-1.11.7/etc/uduits.dat;export UDUNITS_PATH
>
>   Even though I do all of this, when I execute the following I receive
> another "command not found" error

before you can use the commands the PATH variable needs to be set to:

PATH=/usr/local/netcdf-3.6.0/bin:/usr/local/decoders-3.0.7/bin:$PATH;export
PATH

then do the echo command and compare the results, first part needs to be
same

 [robb@ba141 data]$ echo $PATH

/usr/local/netcdf-3.6.0/bin:/usr/local/decoders-3.0.7/bin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:

 so ncgen, ncdump, and decoders  can be found.

in one of my previous message, i mispelled UDUNITS_PATH by UNDUNITS_PATH.
but you need to set the path via:

UDUNITS_PATH=/usr/local/udunits-1.11.7/etc/udunits.dat;export UDUNITS_PATH

again compare results

 [robb@ba141 data]$ echo $UDUNITS_PATH
 /usr/local/udunits-1.11.7/etc/udunits.dat

another test is:

% which gribtocdl

should result with path to gribtocdl, use this test on all other commands
you use.

all your previous emails are archived at:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support/help/glimpse/glimpsesearch.html

select decoders and search on latimer. all the info you need is in those
emails.

robb...