Re: 20050707: netCDF Decoders - Degribbing files

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]
Thank you for your time.

Brandon,

After setting your CLASSPATH to find the the jar files. in the run file
there are samples like.

java -Xmx256m ucar/grib/grib1/Grib1Dump data/RUC.wmo | more

java -Xmx256m ucar/grib/grib1/Grib1Indexer data/RUC.wmo | more

in the IndexFormat.txt file it explains the index format. the index is
used for quick data extraction.

java -Xmx256m ucar/grib/grib1/Grib1GetData data/RUC.wmo 110 1 true | more

the "110 1 true" are the BmsOrGdsOffset DecScale BmsExists fields from the
index file. This permits the data extractor to position itself in file to
get the data and to scale it correctly.

the data/RUC.wmo is a locate test file, you can use any grib1 file for
your tests.

the grib.jar package will also decode grib2 files.

please note:

the source code is still in beta development so any bugs that you find
would be helpfull to me to know about. there are some extra files in
the tar, don't be concerned about them. the code is GribJava.tar.gz and it
is located at:

% ftp www.unidata.ucar.edu
% cd pub/decoders
% get GribJava.tar.gz

i just made a new file today with the latest changes.

robb...