Re: motherlode obs

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Doug Schuster wrote:

> Robb,
>
> I've noticed that the software converting surface and upper air
> obs into netCDF files on Motherlode hasn't been working since the
> beginning of October.  It appears to by working for BUOY data, but

Doug,

thank's for noticing that, nobody else mentioned it. i installed the
lastest decoders package and everything appears to be running ok. the new
decoders package defaults to daily type files and a new naming convention.
the motherlode install reverts back to -h hourly file and -n old for old
naming convention. for the latest info goto the Unidata web netCDF decoder
page. i'm bringing this up because we are building a new motherlode
machine and it will be creating daily files and have the new naming
convention. the new motherlode will probably be operational new monday.

robb...