Re: 20051117: Any Documentation on GRIBJava Decoder package

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, Unidata Support wrote:

> >To: address@hidden
> >From: "K S" <address@hidden>
> >Subject: Any Documentation on GRIBJava Decoder package
>
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
>     We would like to try to use GRIBJava Decoder package provided by Unidata
> for investigation purpose. I would like to ask if you have any documentation
> on how to use the API? or any examples?

Sou King,

The package is not formally released yet so the documentation is still
being updated.  It does come with javadocs and two auxilary files,
IndexFormat.txt and run. IndexFormat.txt explains the the structure of the
index files that are generated from the grib file. The index files are
used for quick data extraction of the grib file. the run file has command
line syntax for all the major routines. The usage parameters can also be
obtained by running the commands without arguments, ie

java -Xmx256m ucar/grib/grib1/Grib1Dump

To obtain the package

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/decoders/index.html

robb...