RE: 20051130: Please Help about metar2nc

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, DEROGNAT, Claude wrote:

> Robb,
>
> I need a netcdf decoder for "raw" (not in wmo format) metar.
> Nevertheless, if a decoder of "raw" metar to wmo is available,
> it is ok for me because after I can use the metar2nc to concert
> them into netcdf.

claude,

sorry, i can't help you there. you could create a perl script to take a
wmo text format and convert it to the wmo stream format by adding the ^A
plus the header for the beginning and the ^C for the end of the bulletin.
then you could use metar2nc as is. otherwise you will have to modify
metar2nc but that would be a much bigger job.

robb...