Re: New Ticket - [netCDFDecoders !YUU-262958]: ua2nc bug (fwd)

On Mon, 2 Oct 2006, Ryan Torn wrote:

> Robb:
>
> Thanks for looking into this.  I have tested the code and I think you
> need to move the code you added to account for my problem.  Below you
> will find the correct location to put the if ($rhour == 23) code block.
> The check for rhour=23 must come before if( $rday == $cday ) because
> $rday does not equal $cday when the $rhour = 23.  Moreover, if you do
> not set $rhour=00, then the script will reject the observation because
> it is later than the current time.  Once I made my changes, the program
> was placing all observations in the correct files.  Let me know if you
> agree with these changes.

Ryan,

ugh.... actually the i was thinking the problem only happened when the 23
hour report came in on the same day, not the nextday. so you are correct
to put the 23 hour processing ahead of the day checking of both same day
and nextday. Thanks for checking this out. real time data processing does
have some tricky caveats.  i made a new distribution with the fix but it
seems you already have it.

robb...