Re: [Support #KTF-610156]: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: grid relative winds]]

Greetings from China:

For the IDV to use this, the IOSP layer needs to add the appropriate CF
attributes to the CDL so we can access it.  John, let me know
when you have an nc2.2.jar that has this included.

BTW, could you please include the original context of messages
when you reply.  This one comes from left field and I'm just
guessing at what my original message was since it was a long time
ago.

Thanks.

Don

Unidata netCDF Java Support wrote:
i don't remember either, but i think the basic idea was to just pass the info
back to the idv folks so they could correct the grids. i put a flag in the GDS
part of the grib index file, it says either;

Winds = True

or

Winds = Relative

so it's already in the attributes but i have no idea of how to pass the info up
to the
idv unless you have plans to make the data true when it's relative. ie
GDSkey = 2453164079
grid_type = 3
grid_name = Lambert Conformal
grid_shape_code = 0