[LDM #DCZ-830103]: decoding the raw GTS datasets

Hi Ratna,

re:
> I have a query regarding deconding of the GTS datasets, I want to decode
> the GTS datasets and get SYNOP, DRIBU, AIREP, AMDAR, SATEM, SATOB etc.
> I need your help in this regard, as am I very much interested to use
> this data for research purpose.

We have three options for decoding data available in NOAAPort (NOAAPort contains
a lot of data from the GTS):

GEMPAK           <- GEMPAK has decoders that convert data to formats it needs
McIDAS           <- Unidata McIDAS has decoders that convert data to formats it
needs
netCDF Decoders  <- a variety of decoders that convert data to netCDF output

> Please help me in this regard positively.

Not knowing what you will use to analyze the data after it is decoded, I would
think
that the netCDF decoders might be of most help to you.  Please read through the
information on these decoders on our website:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

->Tools
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/

  ->Decoders: GRIB, BUFR and Surface/Upperair
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/decoders/

> Thankyou.

No worries.

Ticket ID: DCZ-830103