Re: UNIDATA Nexrad Level-II Data Restrictions

Paul,

First let me state that the motherlode and Unidata sites are funded by the NSF with the purpose to provide data to edu and research communities.

But...

It is my understanding that there are NO restrictions on the level II
data.

Cron's set up to pull data off of motherlode, however, are a bad thing.
If sites are hitting the "motherlode archive" on steady continuous
intervals, we notify them not to do so....and if needed, filter their IP.

There are other alternatives that are available via the LDM, details are on the Unidata site. Also there are other commercial weather service access systems available.

Robb...