Re: BUFR decoder

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009, Paul Hamer wrote:

Robb,

What are the plans with the Java BUFR decoder?

Paul,

The bufr package has been moved into the netcdf-java package. If you run ToolsUI there is a bufr tab to inspect bufr probucts. if you go to:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/

you can see the list of downloads, I would certainly start with the ToolsUI program. The ToolsUI is mostly an internal program so there isn't much documentation but it's intuititive interface. Then I would inspect the BufrIosp class.

i.e. Since the version 13 the
tables do not necessarily need to be a superset of the previous editions.

Is there a chance I could get a copy of the source?

the source is include in the above source jars.

Robb...

Paul.

--
Paul Hamer

NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory (ESRL)
Global Systems Division (GSD)
Information and Technology Services (Data Systems Group)
325 Broadway R/GSD2
Boulder, CO 80305-3328

phone : 303.497.6342
fax   : 303.497.7259