[netCDFDecoders #SQU-284541]: Synoptic time stamps

Joshua,

The problem is that all the data providers are not in time sync, so what
happens is obs in the future and obs in
the past.  There is no easy way to remap these obs to the correct time because
the time destination is not clear
 and they get placed wrongly. This is a common decoder problem. I don't think
there is a easy way currently
to remove the wrong data. One can use an internal tool ToolsUI to look at the
data. It's located at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/

Also, you might be able to use NcML at
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/ncml/ to remove certain records.

I've been contemplating of not accepting any obs except the current hour, I'm
sure this would eliminate up to 25% of the data. I don't know if I want to go
in that direction.

Robb...

Ticket ID: SQU-284541
Department: Support netCDF Decoders