grib jpeg2000 error (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 10:01:43 -0600
From: Jeff McWhirter <address@hidden>
To: THREDDS Dev <address@hidden>
Subject: grib jpeg2000 error

We are getting an error from a user running on a mac:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/esupport/staff/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=viewticket&ticketid=8513&departmentid=12&ticketstatusid=1

She is getting a:
   sealing violation: package jj2002.j2k.util is sealed

Here is someone who has had a similar error:
http://kenta.blogspot.com/2005/11/jj2000-compiling.html

My guess is that the JRE on the mac has a version of the jj2002 package and it is "sealed":
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/ext/security/sealing.html
Thus the error.

However, from the error above the package is "jj2002". We have no reference to such a package but perhaps our use of jj2000 package is really using the Mac's jj2000 package which then is trying to load in a jj2002 package (?)

A solution is described here:
http://www.ptolemy3d.org/wiki/PtolemyToolPtconsole

Robb- can you look into this?

Thanks,