Re: [Fwd: NJ and the latest GRIB]

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010, Robert B. Schmunk wrote:

I have a Panoply user whose GRIB table was added to the tablelookup.lst
last month, but apparently only in the GRIB 8.0 jar that is distributed
with NJ 4.1.

I tried dropping that version 8.0 jar into Panoply in place of the GRIB
6.0 jar that comes with NJ 4.0, and Panoply now reports a
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException exception when I try to access any
griddded variable in the dataset.

There was a major refactor between the Grib jar version 6 and 8 so a
jar update will not work. If you send me a test file I'll update the version 6
Grib jar with the needed information and make a Grib jar
release.

Robb,

If you could update the lookup list and GRIBTABs in the GRIB-6
jar that would be fantastic.

Robert,

The Grib parameter tables have been updated and a new Grib jar created, it's attached.

RObb...

The problem with ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsExceptions seems to occur
for every sample GRIB files which I previously was able to open
and plot correctly. I attach the file that required the new entry
in the table lookup list, glcfs-swt.grb. Also attached is a sample
dataset which I have used since last July to test that Panoply
(and NJ4.0 and GRIB-6) were working correctly, Canada.wind.grb.

Thanks,
rbs