[netCDFDecoders #MHV-467373]: metar2nc.new1 error

Hi Art,

Your sample dataset was decoded without errors on my test environment but it's
netcdf library version 3.6.0. My speculation is that the metar.cdl.new1 uses
long data type that has been deprecated in netcdf 4.0. It seems that the long
data type has been replaced with int64. I need to build the 4.1.1 netcdf
library and the netcdf-perl library to confirm my speculations but I wanted to
get back to you today. If there is still a problem you might want to comment
out FILLVALUE for those 2 variables. I'll ask the netcdf engineers what is the
best practices for using long values. My 3.6.0 netcdf library version did not
like the int64 data type at all. I'll get back to you on Monday with a definite
answer. Included is the modifications for those 2 variables.

Robb....

 // minimum/maximum time observations in file
    //long minimum_time_observation;
    int64 minimum_time_observation;
        minimum_time_observation:long_name = "minimum time observation";
        minimum_time_observation:standard_name = "forecast_reference_time";
        minimum_time_observation:units = "seconds since 1970-01-01 00 UTC";
        //minimum_time_observation:_FillValue = 0L;
    //long maximum_time_observation;
    int64 maximum_time_observation;
        maximum_time_observation:long_name = "maximum time observation";
        maximum_time_observation:standard_name = "forecast_reference_time";
        maximum_time_observation:units = "seconds since 1970-01-01 00 UTC";
        //maximum_time_observation:_FillValue = 0L;

Ticket ID: MHV-467373
Department: Support netCDF Decoders