Re: Printing DIFAX maps.

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, J. Christopher Clarke wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
>       We have just upgraded our LDM server and found that
> we have lost all of our scripts needed to print DIFAX maps.  Does
> anyone know of a resource that we could use in order to print
> selected DIFAX maps as they come in?   We used to have a
> script that would do such a thing, but it was lost in the upgrade,
> and the link from UNIDATA is invalid.  Any ideas on how to proceed
> at this point?
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris Clarke

Hi Chris,

Try this. This works with Linux RH 6.0 using PBMPLUS. Should work with
other UNIX flavors. Call this from your pqact.conf with an "EXEC" to this
script, like:

DIFAX   ^(2003).*       EXEC /home/scripts/convert_difax \1

#!/bin/sh
#
# Script to print the DIFAX charts.
#
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/SUNWspro/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/ucblib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
dt=`/bin/date -u +%y%m%d`
/usr/bin/g3topbm /home/data/difax/$dt'_'$1.g3|/usr/bin/pnmtops|/usr/bin/lpr