Re: Alden Ku band Difax down?

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Arthur A. Person wrote:

> We get Difax via Ku band receiver from Alden...  given the recent history
> of Difax from them, I thought I'd check here first to confirm whether
> anyone else is having trouble getting charts.  Our Ku band feed appears to
> have stopped last night around 04:30Z.  It looks like it started spitting
> a little this morning around 15:30Z, but probably not with data as it's
> been stuck on chart 089 the whole time.

Arthur,

We get DIFAX via IDD and the last regular transmission was received at
0726/0425Z, except for a single product at 0621Z.  Nothing since then.  I
believe neither the 'lightning' or 'thunder' Alden servers are sending
anything.

> Also, does anyone know a date when the NWS plans to quit
> producing/transmitting Difax?  This whole thing seems to be a mystery.

I believe yesterday's message from Jeff Weber said 'eventually'.  It would
be nice to have a firm date.

Tom McDermott                           Email: address@hidden
System Administrator                    Phone: (716) 395-5718
Earth Sciences Dept.                    Fax: (716) 395-2416
SUNY College at Brockport