From: Noc Ops <address@hidden>
Subject: CAMPUS NETWORK OUTAGE NOTIFICATION
Sender: address@hidden

CAMPUS NETWORK OUTAGE NOTIFICATION
Date:  31 August 2001
Time:  3AM to 7AM

On Friday, 31 August 2001, the campus network Internet connection will
be temporarily interrupted to put a new, higher capacity router into
production.
We have scheduled 4 hours for doing this.  In reality we expect the outage
to last less than 20 minutes.

The reason for doing this so quickly is because our current peering router
will not be able to handle the load we expect to see and it's already
ramping up
quickly.  We've had several short outages due to processing overload on the
peering router in the past 2 weeks.

We apologize for the short notice, this will make our Internet connection
more reliable and also give us some breathing room to accommodate additional
bandwidth as we purchase it and bring it on line.

Thank you.
Robert Lee
DoIT Network Services

------- End of Forwarded Message