20001113: GEMPAK 5.6

Stephen,

We have been hosting our user committee meetings this week
(immediately on the heels of the training workshops
we just held) and have been moving out of our current offices
for remodeling, so our administrative staff has not resolved all
the details for providing our GEMPAK distribution as of yet.

One aspect we don't have worked out yet is how we will be able to
provide COMET's garp distribution within our distribution. We also do
not have the servelet license server available at this time, so
we do not have an automated download proceedure established at this time.
That task will probably be completed after the new year.

In order for you to obtain GEMPAK 5.6 as quickly as possible,
I have posted our distribution of GEMPAK 5.6 for you to download
This tarfile has everything in our distribution except COMET's garp package.
Building and installation instructions are found on our server under
/packages/gempak/GEMPAK5.6. If/when we are later able to provide Garp within our
distribution, I will let you know.

Our main limitations with providing GEMPAK to you is that we do not have
the resources available to provide user support outside the university
community. You may use the gembud email list as well as our online
support archives. We cannot make any guarantees as to our ability to
fix any bugs or warrant the use of the software. Basically, use at your
own risk. If you have any information regarding bug fixes etc.,
I would welcome them being sent to our support address, though we
may not be able to do anything in regards to them.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support