20001201: 20000824: Creating vertical profiles from gridded Model Data

>From: Darren Gallant <address@hidden>

>Dear Unidata Support,
>

>Is gdpoint included in Gempak 5.6? I thought it would be but i cannot find
>it.
>

>Darren R. Gallant              UCAR/JOSS
>Programmer/Technician           Joint OfFice Of Science Support
>303-497-2634                    P.O. Box 3000
>address@hidden                Boulder,CO 80307-30000

Darren,

gdpoint was a program created at a NWS office, so its not part of the GEMPAK
distribution.

I just ported the contrib file from the 5.4 distribution to 5.6 and you can
download this from ~gbuddy/nawips-5.6/contrib/gdpoint.tar.Z.

Unpack this file in your $NAWIPS directory with:
zcat gdpoint.tar.Z | tar xvf -

then build and install with:
cd comet/gdpoint
make clean