20001211: GEMPAK Software

>From: "Brian Thalken" <address@hidden>

>Dear UCAR Unidata Program Center,
>My name is Brian Thalken and I'm a senior at the University of
>Nebraska-Lincoln.  Over the past year, I've been conducting research on
>severe weather.  I know UNL has a license for the GEMPAK software.  I'm
>looking into obtaining the GEMPAK software for LINUX to run on my PC at
>home.  I'm using GEMPAK for educational purposes only.  Could you please
>send me in the right direction to find out more information?
>Thank you.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Brian Thalken
>
>address@hidden
>address@hidden
>University of Nebraska - Lincoln

> _______
>Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

Brian,

We do provide a binary distribution of GEMPAK for Linux, and it would
be acceptable to install it on your system for educational use.
You will need approximately 300 MB of disk space for the distribution.

I suggest you contact Clint Rowe or Mark Anderson at UNL and coordinate
the download and installation with them. I have cc'd Clint on this message
since he is the primary contact we have for GEMPAK at your institution.

Steve Chiswell