20001213: Trouble installing dcreanal program

Dan,

The file you show is not part of my Makefile installation, so
that is likely where the problems start. The Makeinc.common file
should not have executable statements. What you show is an
executable csh file that sets environmental variables. It is not
the type of file that would be included within a Makefile.
Since you don't have anything that looks like what I created,
the easiest way to compile things is to probably do it by hand.

The following assumes you are building under GEMPAK5.6, with
NetCDF installed under $NAWIPS/netcdf/hpux:

cd $NAWIPS/unidata/ldmbridge/dcreanal

cc -Aa -D_HPUX_SOURCE -DHPUX -DSYSLOG_RETURNS_INT \
        -I/home/gempak/GEMPAK5.6/gempak/include \
        -I/home/gempak/GEMPAK5.6/gempak/source/ldmlog \
        -I/home/gempak/GEMPAK5.6/netcdf/hpux/include \
        -c dcreanal.c

fort77 +E4 +E6 -I/home/gempak/GEMPAK5.6/gempak/include \
        -I/home/gempak/GEMPAK5.6/gempak/include/HPUX \
        -I/home/gempak/GEMPAK5.6/gempak/source/gemlib/na \
        -c open_gemgrid.f

fort77 +E4 +E6 -I/home/gempak/GEMPAK5.6/gempak/include \
        -I/home/gempak/GEMPAK5.6/gempak/include/HPUX \
        -I/home/gempak/GEMPAK5.6/gempak/source/gemlib/na \
        -c put_gemgrid.f

fort77 +E4 +E6 -I/home/gempak/GEMPAK5.6/gempak/include \
        -I/home/gempak/GEMPAK5.6/gempak/include/HPUX \
        -I/home/gempak/GEMPAK5.6/gempak/source/gemlib/na -Wl,+n  \
        dcreanal.o  open_gemgrid.o  put_gemgrid.o  \
        /home/gempak/GEMPAK5.6/lib/hpux/gemlib.a \
        /home/gempak/GEMPAK5.6/lib/hpux/ldmlog.a \
        /home/gempak/GEMPAK5.6/netcdf/hpux/lib/libnetcdf.a -lm -o dcreanal

I have tested the above under HPUX 11.0B

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support