Re: 20001220: number of times in file in nmap2

Tom,

Yes, you can get around this with individual (YYYYMMDDHHNN) files.

The Radar Coded Message GRIBS come out 2x per hour (under the HRS feed
header HAXA00 KWBC). These are all stored as analysis fields. The
dcgrib2 defaults I provided in $GEMTBL/grid/gribkey.tbl will
place them into daily files.

For forecast model grids, generally you are looping a series of forecasts
from an initial time, eg ETA F000-F060. So, each forecast run is in a single
file. In the case of RCMG  data, you will be looping a series of initial times
(F000). Storing all the RCMG data in daily files just makes use in programs
easier.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support