20010103: GARP and NIDS

Tom,

Your directory hierarchy is correct. The encrypted products have been
on NOAAPORT for the past year or so. They started out as a couple
of SDUS97 products, but moved to SDUS5x when they became encrypted.

The KARX site is actually broadcasting their products twice, with the same
WMO and PIL id's, once encrypted and once freely available in the zlib
compressed format to provide a test data set. So, Gempak 5.6A can
view those products- the problem until the encrypted products are removed
is that the WMO and PIL id cann not distinguish between the two. You have
to look at the SBN and CCB from NOAAPORT to uniquely identify the products.

teve Chiswell
Unidata User Support