20010206: configuring NMAP

>From: Anthony Rockwood - MSCD Meteorology <address@hidden>

>Chiz,
>
>What do I have to do to display the model data in NMAP?  Is there a config
>file where I have to set the path?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tony

>   Anthony A. Rockwood              Metropolitan State College of Denver
>   Meteorology Program              Dept.of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
>   303.556.8399                     P.O. Box 173362, Campus Box 22
>   address@hidden                Denver, CO  80217-3362
>   fax: 303.556.4436                www.mscd.edu/~eas

Tony,

In Gemenviron, set "MODEL" to point to your data directory with
the grids. This environmental variable is used in:
$GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl to give the path and file nameing
for all the data sets used by nmap.

(MODEL is the same as HRS in terms of GARP, but NMAP will allow
any number of different directories for grids and other data-
eg you don't have to have all the grids in the same directory).

Steve CHiswell