20010216: lack of gpwatch in Gempak5.6a

>From: Mike Leuthold <address@hidden>

>Chiz,
>       What replaces gpwatch in 5.6a?  Thanks.
>Mike
>

>--
>Mike Leuthold
>Atmospheric Sciences/Institute of Atmospheric Physics
>University of Arizona
>address@hidden
>520-621-2863

Mike,

NCEP provides dcwtch for creating watch box files plotable with
gpmap (and nmap). That will probably be preferable since gpwatch
isn't part of the gui.

I still included dcwatch from my development....but must have forgotten
gpwatch. I'll have to post that in ~gbuddy/nawips-5.6/contrib until
I get 5.6b released.

The main difference is that NCEP's decoder creates text files for gpmap,
where my dcwatch since 5.4 has created GEMPAK surface files.

gpmap is now overloded with miscellaneous things to plot, including
redbook graphics, watches, warnings, sigmets, tropical bulletins (from dchrcn),
etc.

Sorry for the ommission.

Steve Chiswell