20010217: 20010204: Gempak, NCDC/FSL CDROM

>From: Diana DeRubertis <address@hidden>

>Hi Steve,
>       Creating the FSL text document worked great, but the fsltogem
>program ran into problems right away.  I got an error message:
>
>file fsltogem : symbol  _s_rsFe_pv : referenced symbol not found
>
>I think that your system contains an accessory program that is not found on
>the system I'm doing the work on.  Do you have any suggestions?  Is this
>problem surmountable?
>
>Thanks,
>Diana

>Diana DeRubertis
>Dept of Geography
>University of California, Berkeley
>Office:  199 McCone Hall
>Email:  address@hidden

Diana,

This symbol is probably in the libsunmath shareable library that I have
posted on the ftp site (I mentioned this in my previous message).
Our environment is SUN's WS 6.0 compiler suite. If you aren't up to
date with  the compilers, you might find that you need the one I have posted
for compatibility. You should be able to set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environmental
variable so that the loader finds our library before the one from your system
(which generally is in /opt/SUNWspro/lib).

Steve Chiswell