20010216: netCDF satellite imagery for NAWIPS

Kevin,

I think the Garp problem exists where the developers of Garp copied over
their own version of a GEMPAK file and modified it for their uses-
unfortunately, that means it has to be edited separately to enjoy the
new features of GEMPAK (recall, Garp isn't part of GEMPAK).

In: $GARPHOME/gempak/readimgdata.c, the switch ( imgtyp ) section
about line 107, needs an option:
          case IFNCDF:  /* NetCDF files */

            crncdf ( filnam, &ier ) ;
            break;

I will include that in my 5.6.B release in a few weeks.

Are you building from source? Or have you downloaded a binary that I provided?
I can send you a binary if the latter is the case. Since I don't have any
NetCDF images to test on,it would be nice if I could test it out on
one of your images if you want me to send you a binary.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support