20010305: Script titles / fonts

Robert,

Looking at your script, you are using hardware fonts. The clipping
of hardward fonts is dependent on the device driver and the
aspect of the screen.

Looking at your h41 panel, you have:
text = .8/22/2/hw
title = 1/-1

On the standard 900x700 xw/gf, the title did not appear, eg, it is clipped out.
I can change: title = 1/-2 and it will appear. I can also make the title appear
with sw font:
text = .8/22/2/sw  title = 1/-1

Or, if I change the plotting area of the device driver, such as:
device = xw||900;900
text = .8/22/2/hw
title = 1/-1

Then the title will appear.

The text routines have changed from 5.4 to 5.6 to allow justification,
rotation etc, so that is likely the difference in the string not being clipped
in 5.4 to being clipped in 5.6.

Bottom line is that the titles are being written, but you will have to
adjust the display properties of your script to make the output of
your script suit your taste.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

>From: 10 <address@hidden>

>I have the problem on a machine that has a fresh build (no previous
>builds) of 5.6a.  I will look into it more though.
>
>Thanks,
>Robert

From address@hidden Thu Feb  8 10:22:06 2001
        by unidata.ucar.edu (UCAR/Unidata) with ESMTP id f18HM5L11366;
        Thu, 8 Feb 2001 10:22:05 -0700 (MST)