20010314: Gempak 5.6A compiler error

Fred,

The attr.c routine is being built in the netcdf library.
You may be having problems without the compiler license, or in
not using -o32 with the compiler.

When you type "uname" on your O2, do you get "IRIX" or "IRIX64"?

If you are an "IRIX" then you can try adding the
setenv XCFLAGS "-o32" variable to the "case irix: " option in Gemenviron:

edit $NAWIPS/Gemenviron

in the section of irix:
       case irix64:
           setenv XCFLAGS "-o32"
        case irix:
           setenv NA_OS "irix"
           breaksw

Add the setenv XCFLAGS line to irix just as it appears in irix64:

        case irix:
           setenv XCFLAGS "-o32"
           setenv NA_OS "irix"
           breaksw

After that, you should do a "make distclean" from $NAWIPS,
then re-source the Gemenviron file.

You should now see -o32 when you type:
echo $XCFLAGS

Now try the build again.

In your output below, you have:
make lnetcdf "CFLAGS=" "FFLAGS="

In the $NAWIPS/config/Makeinc.irix file, the line:
NCOPT = "CFLAGS=$(XCFLAGS)" "FFLAGS=$(XCFLAGS)"
will define -o32 for NCOPT so that you should see:

make lnetcdf "CFLAGS=-o32" "FFLAGS=-o32"

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

> [...]

>cc-1174 cc: WARNING File = NxmLineA.c, Line = 152
>  The variable "rowcol" was declared but never referenced.
>
>  Widget        rowcol,  pane, form, button, bb;
>                ^
>
>cc-1174 cc: WARNING File = NxmLineA.c, Line = 152
>  The variable "button" was declared but never referenced.
>
>  Widget        rowcol,  pane, form, button, bb;
>                                     ^
>
>cc-1174 cc: WARNING File = NxmLineA.c, Line = 152
>  The variable "bb" was declared but never referenced.
>
>  Widget        rowcol,  pane, form, button, bb;
>                                             ^
>
>cc-1174 cc: WARNING File = NxmLineA.c, Line = 153
>  The variable "col_label" was declared but never referenced.
>
>  Widget        pane_fr, col_label;
>                         ^
>
>cc-1174 cc: WARNING File = NxmLineA.c, Line = 155
>  The variable "args" was declared but never referenced.

cc-1174 cc: WARNING File = NxmLineA.c, Line = 156