20010315: 20010315: 20010313: more on NWX problem

>From: 10 <address@hidden>

>Steve,
>
>I tried it agian and same thing for any station I click
>on.  I did an sflist on the same data file and have
>plenty of raw obs.  The weird thing was that 1 out of the 4 times I
>started nwx, I got the SF -2 error, 20020315_sao.gem cannot be
>opened.  The other times I got no error, but no data.
>System time is correct.  I tried the same thing at Univ-Wea
>and the same result.
>
>This is really puzzling..
>
>Thanks,
>Robert

Robert,

The SF -2 error is that the surface file could not be opened.

I'm assuming that yourmessage above has a typo since 2002 should be 2001.
The listing you sent earlier had correct times.
One thing to double check is to make sure you don't have any "TABS" in
the nwx master.tbl file pattern.

Since you only had 3 files in the directory, it isn't a problem of
too many files in the directory.

Possibly the best thing to do is upload your solaris nwx to ~gbuddy/incoming
and I can see if it works with my configuration.

Steve Chiswell