20010318: 20010315: 20010315: 20010313: more on NWX problem

>From: 10 <address@hidden>

>Very interesting..I just compiled GEMPAK5.6a on our Solaris x86
>machine in New Mexico, exported the display back here and ouila,
>NWX surface obs works.
>It uses SC5.0 Intel compilers.
>
>Robert Mullenax

Robert,

I recall making changes in the NSHARP build tree for Nxmlib.a library
changes between 5.6 and 5.6.a, so that is likely a problem that is
causing you trouble building the updated tree.

I ran your nwx executable an it really doesn't like te surface obs.

Our Sparc compilation here uses WS 6.0, so that should match what
you have if you want to grab the nwx executable out of the
sparc binary tar file, go ahead if this will get you by until you
have 5.6.B.

I will give nwx and nsharp a pass through the code profiler and see
if there are any memory/pointer problems that are allowing things
to work in some cases and not on your sparc platform- especially with
-O turned on.

Sorry for the hassles-

Steve Chiswell