20010406: stub to read .gem files?

Chris,

The email you enclosed was in regard to creating a grib
back out of a GEMPAK grid.

You can do this with the gdgrib program in GEMPAK 5.6
(the code is in $GEMPAK/cource/contrib/hpc).

The best way to see how to extract data values otherwise would be to
look at gdlist which will access a grid, determine the points within
the projected area, and return the data values.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support