Re: 20001102: decode

Unidata Support wrote:

> So-Young,
>
> I don't know anything about the MSS files, so I can't tell you where
> the core dump is occuring. You can run dcncprof in verbose mode to have
> a better idea of where the program is running into trouble:
> dcncprof -d - -v
>
> And, it would be useful if you could send me one of the files in question
> so that I can test it out and make sure they are the same CDL as what the
> decoder was developed for.
>
> Steve Chiswell

Steve,
I'm very sorry you're not familiar with MSS files.
But if you can test it out for me, that would be great.
Even though I tried it again with the options, there was no difference.
The sample filename is '993030300.prof'.

And actually, I'd like to analyze and draw all my dataset collected for
my case study through GEMPAK. But unfortunately, I have no idea how to
convert the dataset to the GEMPAK format. So if you can help me more, it
will be really appreciated.

What I want to handle with is
1) NOAA FSL radiosonde data with netcdf format: raob_soundngs17.cdf
2) NCEP ADP GLOBAL SURFACE OBSERVATIONS : sfc103000z.obs

If you cannot suggest any direct method to use such a data in GEMPAK,
could you please give me any tips for converting the data to GEMPAK
format? Or is there any way to get some observation data with GEMPAK
format in Unidata data center or something like that?
Actually, I'm very confused what kind of the data can be directly (or
even after conversion) used in GEMPAK and where the data sources are
now.

Thank you so much.

 So-Young, Ha
 (address@hidden, address@hidden)

 Associate Scientist
 COSMIC Project Office (Room # : 3316), UCAR
 3300 Mitchell Lane, Suite 370, FL4
 Boulder, CO 80301

 Phone: 303-497-2601
 Fax:   303-497-2610