20010417: saving NMAP2 graphics

>From: Anthony Rockwood - MSCD Meteorology <address@hidden>

>Chiz,
>
>Is there a way to save graphics I make using NMAP2 so I can view them with
>a browser?  I do this with GARP since it can save products as gifs, and
>I'd like to do the same with NMAP2 products.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tony

>   Anthony A. Rockwood              Metropolitan State College of Denver
>   Meteorology Program              Dept.of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
>   303.556.8399                     P.O. Box 173362, Campus Box 22
>   address@hidden                Denver, CO  80217-3362
>   fax: 303.556.4436                www.mscd.edu/~eas

Tony,

You can save the graphics as postscript files from print and convert the
postscript to gif using an external program like ghostscript.

If you are in the drawing pallette, you can save the graphics as a vgf file
and then store the vgf from "GPMAP" using the gif driver.

There is no direct way to save as a gif from NMAP, just as there is
no direct way to print a postscript image from Garp. You can
use the screen capture (such as import from the imagemagick, or
xv) to grab the entire contents of the window...but again, this is not
internal to the program.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support