20010510: TOPO images in NMAP2

>From: Robert Mullenax <address@hidden>

>Have my NSBF hat on during lunch..I would
>like to be able to use the McIDAS TOPO maps that re available
>in GARP into NMAP2 as backgrounds.  Is this possible,
>and if so, how would I go about doing that?
>
>Thanks,
>Robert Mullenax

Robert,

The time matching ability of NMAP makes it sort of messy to do this for
area file images which really don't have time associated with them.

You could create a directory $SAT/topo/topona, and then link
$GARPHOME/map/areas/topo_na.area to topona_20010510_0000
in the above directory.

That allows me to pull up data and overlay on the NA topo image
(use the enhancement pull down to select upc_topo to get the proper
color enhancement for the image). You would not want to use the
topo image as the dominant time.

The time of the topo image is nonsense (Jan 1996 in the title line).

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support