20010518: 20010517: cape, bulk richardson

Diana,

Since you sent me the STNDEX values for:
STID = TOP           STNM =    72456   TIME = 930723/0000

Just run snlist with:
SNPARM=dset
LEVELS=all
VCOORD=pres
AREA=@72456
DATTIM=930723/0000
SNFILE=1993_72456.gem

The SNPARM=dset will list out the all the data values for
each pressure level.
With that data, I can see why CAPE is arriving at a value of 0
when you expect something much larger.

Some possibilities are that the sounding prematurely terminated
so that there aren't enough data levels to calculate integrated
parameters, or that there are problems with duplicate levels.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support